- Assemble infrastructure for evaluating Cathodic Protection parameters in coating displacement;
- Assemble infrastructure for developing and testing new equipment and technologies, and for training professionals in Cathodic Protection and coating inspection.
With the assembled structure it will be possible to conduct tests and simulations normally found in the field by installing underground pipelines coated with different types of anti-corrosion coatings, protected by a specific cathodic protection system, comprised of rectifiers, anode beds and test points. From that, it is possible to reach technical conditions very similar to those found in the field, permitting excellence in terms of training and qualifying Cathodic Protection professionals.
The Pilot Unit will create a structure for studies and field tests of new technologies and new practices in Cathodic Protection for land pipelines and above ground storage tanks, aimed at:
- Technological evaluation of new products or processes;
- Subsidizing the preparation of operational instructions or manuals on products or processes;
- Infrastructure for training human resources in Cathodic Protection, serving as support for developing graduate studies theses and dissertations and for professional training, levels 1 and 2, in complying with what is established in the projected Norm 43:000.03-001 (Criteria for qualification and certification of cathodic protection professionals) by ABNT/CB-43 – Brazilian Committee on Corrosion.
The structure to be built will initially occupy an area of approximately 1000 m² and it will be comprised of the following components:
- Underground piping with different types of coating;
- Cathodic Protection Rectifiers;
- Anode Beds;
- Galvanic drainage devices;
- Isolating joints and the respective protection devices;
- Flanges, derivations and accessories;
- Test points;
- Field instruments;
- Data acquisition and transmission system;
- Installation for storage of coating evaluation experiments and measurement and control equipment, measuring approximately 70 m²;
- Installations for studies and tests and support structure, in a total area of approximately 70 m²;
2. Expected Results:
- Assembly of a structure for conducting anti-corrosion coating evaluation tests and cathodic protection application limits in the deterioration of pipeline coatings;
- Assembly of a structure for studies and evaluation tests of new technologies in cathodic protection and coatings;
- Development and testing of new technologies in cathodic protection and anti-corrosion coatings and their dissemination to market professionals;
- Infrastructure for developing studies and training personnel at the graduate level in partnership with universities and other Science and Technology Institutions.